In today’s world, video conferencing is increasingly becoming a way of life for leading and emerging organizations as they work to compete in the global marketplace. There are numerous reasons business leaders, educators, and individuals are finding it essential to invest in revolutionary technologies capable of connecting multiple offices, making remote training/education possible, and allowing for instant connection with others.
If you have been considering investing in video conferencing technologies and are still not sure as to how they can help you streamline your business processes, we hope the following five points will guide your decision making process:
1. Cut Travel Costs. Gone are the days that you must invest heavily in travel expenses. Video conferencing allows for you to schedule numerous meetings and conduct them without having to budget for flights, hotels, meals, and entertainment.
2. Immediate Connection and Information Sharing. Video conferencing can be facilitated at any time. Throughout the conference you can utilize numerous tools for sharing key information including PowerPoint slides, documents, computer screens, whiteboards, video clips, and more. There is no need to schedule for travel time, which makes for more efficient use of time and resources.
3. The Power of Face-to-Face Communication. There is a definite power associated with being able to actually see the person to which you are speaking. This is why throughout history business leaders have spent numerous dollars on travel expenses for their employees as they work to connect with fellow employees, suppliers, and customers. E-mails and phone calls can only go so far where personal touch is concerned, as key messaging can be misconstrued without being able to read the other person’s expressions.
4. Custom Infrastructures Available. Today’s video conferencing technologies can be scaled out to fit the exact needs of an organization. For instance, in the case that you want to connect each of your office boardrooms that are spread throughout the country, there are technologies that will mirror your boardrooms with matching décor and furniture that provide the illusion that you are sitting across the table from remote participants via large screens. On the other hand, if you are looking for a simple one-on-one conversation, video conferencing can be done via laptop.
5. Reduce Office Expenses. Video conference has the power to save you numerous dollars on offices expenses and supplies including phone lines, fax lines, paper, industry sized copy machines, and more. The digital world makes the sharing of documents and information easier than ever!
We at Digital Smart Homes work with individuals and organizations build out their video conferencing setups utilizing LifeSize’s technologies. A division of Logitech, the company produces a vast selection of products used by small and large businesses, educators, health providers, entertainment companies, and non-profits.
The beauty of LifeSize’s innovations is that they have worked tirelessly to develop solutions that take every aspect of an organization’s needs into consideration. Utilizing the immense LifeSize product line, we work with our clients to develop a creative solution that will help them streamline their business processes and cut costs. For more information, we invite you to either visit our showroom or give us a call at 604-375-3474.
08/09/11 09:21 Filed in: Press Release
Video Conferencing, Quick Control and Video Wall control apps bring enhanced features and capabilities to Control4 systems.
Indianapolis, IN – CEDIA Expo 2011 – September 8-10, 2011 – Booth #2302 – BlackWire Designs, a Control4® Solution Provider, is pleased to announce the availability of a suite of new applications designed to give Control4 dealers more powerful tools to target high-end residential and light commercial opportunities. Available now in the Control4® 4Store, these new apps – Video Conferencing, Quick Control and Video Wall – offer superior control and increase the potential of a Control4® system, perfect for every setting from the small office to the restaurant or bar to the home or the boardroom.
The Video Conference app currently enables enhanced control of Polycom and Lifesize conferencing systems, and development is underway for additional brands. Designed for simple configuration within a standard Control4 system, the app allows customers to control camera movements right from a Control4® touch screen. Users can easily join conference calls, and dial a contact by simply selecting a name from the interface or by dialing the number from the keypad. The app pulls entries from the unit’s contact book ensuring easy migrations from systems that are already in place. The app also automatically disables and hides features that aren’t available on certain models, making it easy for customers to navigate the system.
20/04/11 07:25 Filed in: Press Release
(LifeSize) Becomes First Company to Deliver Room-based Video Conferencing Solution with Skype
AUSTIN, Texas, April 19, 2011 - LifeSize, a division of Logitech (Nasdaq: LOGI) (SIX: LOGN), has qualified its LifeSize® Passport™ HD video conferencing product to be the first room-based, business-class video conferencing solution to be plugged into Skype™, adding the ability for LifeSize Passport users to now conduct video calls with Skype users around the world.
17/02/11 15:20 Filed in: Press Release
LifeSize today announces the expansion of its rich video collaboration offerings through interoperability with Microsoft UC platforms.
LifeSize HD video conferencing products will integrate with Microsoft unified communication (UC) platforms, enabling users across the enterprise to connect over video from LifeSize systems to the desktop, and vice versa. Organizations of all sizes will be able to scale video collaboration capabilities more cost-effectively to better accomplish their communication and productivity objectives.
15/02/11 08:32 Filed in: Industry News
Anyone on the road or on the go can view live and on-demand HD video from any computer - and now on mobile devices: iPad®, iPhone® or iPod®. Your mobile device connects to LifeSize Video Center via Wi-Fi or cellular network with no apps to install.
17/12/10 18:35 Filed in: Product Spotlight
Feature-rich, Full HD Video is Here. Full High Definition video communications - Now more accessible than ever
Extending the capabilities of the award-winning LifeSize® Express ™ system, LifeSize® Express 220™ is an enhanced Full HD video communications system that is both affordable and scalable. Ideal for small working groups, teams or individual knowledge workers who want to take communication over distance to the next level, LifeSize Express 220 has it all.
21/10/10 20:16 Filed in: New Products
LifeSize Bridge redefines HD video conferencing for large multiparty calling. Unlike other systems on the market today, LifeSize Bridge scales intelligently with your organization’s communication needs while providing unmatched quality and groundbreaking price/performance for multiparty HD video communications. With the industry’s lowest price per port at 720p30, 720p60 and 1080p30, LifeSize Bridge offers a low-risk, cost-effective platform to modularly extend HD video conferencing to an entire organization.
Interoperable and standards-based, the easy-to-set-up and easy-to-use LifeSize Bridge can be deployed where you need it most. Enhance collaboration in your organization with unrivalled end user experience and uncompromised HD quality. LifeSize Bridge supports any codec, frame rate, call speed or resolution without loss of capacity or capability. Read More...
21/10/10 20:13 Filed in: New Products
LifeSize Camera 10x, with 10x Optical zoom capability, 1080p30 support and better low light handling, is now available. This camera gives you more integration options to enhance their HD video conferencing experience.
LifeSize® Camera 10x™ offers the highest quality zoom capability for any size offices, conference room, meeting center or auditorium where full HD quality video must be captured over a distance. To further advance image clarity and flexibility of use, the Camera10x delivers immersive image quality in a wide range of light conditions, including low-light environments such as an executive boardroom or a large university lecture hall.
Camera 10x is designed to support and enhance HD video communication by providing lifelike video quality through 10x optical zoom, better low-light handling in medium and large spaces, and support for Full 1080p HD at 30 frames per second. LifeSize Camera 10x, bundled with any of the LifeSize® 220™ series offerings perfectly captures every gesture and facial expression – so detailed and true to life, it’s as if you are there. Read More...
20/07/10 15:36 Filed in: New Products
AVAILABLE JULY 27
LifeSize® Software Version 4.7. Easily share content wirelessly from your computer during HD video calls.
Collaborate more effectively and increase productivity with our 4.7 software release. New features include data sharing for LifeSize® Passport™ and LGExecutive, powered by LifeSize®, via LifeSize® Virtual Link™, a free software download.
Version 4.7 also extends live HD video streaming and recording on LifeSize® Video Center to LifeSize Passport and LGExecutive. Read More...